Summer Camp and COVID-19
These Frequently Asked Questions address how we will be managing camp this summer in light of COVID-19 safety, hygiene and social distancing.
What safety policies are you implementing?
Health and safety is always our highest priority, and this summer we are taking extra precautions to create the safest environment possible. While some of these practices may change as guidance from ministry of health is updated over the summer, we are going to go above and beyond to create a safe space for our campers and their families. <p><br>Hygiene & Cleaning
- All United staff will be required to wear face masks during camp.
- Face coverings for campers are allowed/encouraged but not required (this could change depending on guidance from the Ministry Of Health).
- Campers and staff will be encouraged to use our hand sanitization stations and frequent handwashing procedures to ensure a safe place for everyone.
- Appropriate supplies (tissues, soap and water, and/or hand sanitizer, etc.) will be provided to ensure proper hygiene procedures.
- High-touch surfaces will be cleaned frequently throughout the camp day.
- We have limited our total number of campers to 16, which given the size of our facility (3500 sq ft) will make social distancing much easier. We will also be splitting our campers into smaller teams throughout the week to encourage teamwork and ensure the safest environment possible.
- Non-essential visitors will not be allowed at camp.
- Pick up and drop off will be staggered with United Staff Members assisting preparing campers and bringing them to vehicles.
- Tables will be spaced to allow appropriate distance between campers.
- Daily outdoor activities will be shifted to staying local.
Supplies & Equipment
- Campers personal belongings will be separated in designated areas • Academy supplies will always be given out on an individual basis
- Lunches and snacks will be eaten outdoors as much as possible and with safe distancing when indoors. Screening and attendance
- Screening questions & temperature checks will be administered daily upon arrival to camp.
- Campers or staff showing symptoms of illness must remain home.
- United Camp staff members will be trained in all necessary protocols to ensure that we can implement the safest environment for our members.